Military Family Life Counselors provide a wide range of support to military children and youth, family members and staff who work with children by
- Engaging in activities with children and youth
- Providing behavioral interventions in classrooms, on campus to assist staff in setting and managing boundaries
- Modeling behavioral techniques and providing feedback to staff
- Being available to parents and staff to discuss interactions with children and other concerns
- Facilitating psycho-educational groups
Some issues that maybe addressed are school adjustment; deployment and separation; reunion adjustment; sibling and parent-child communication; behavioral concerns and fear, grief and loss.
If you have any questions about this program please contact Kim Schulte at (915) 549-1708.